Nancy Alison Martin & AssociatesNancy Martin, ASA
248 East Foothill Boulevard, Suite 102
Monrovia, California 91016
Appraisers and Consultants: Collectibles, Decorative Arts, Antiques, Furniture, Silver, Ceramics, Glass and Residential Contents.
We are appraisers of personal property specializing in antiques, collectibles, decorative arts and household items. We are not dealers or auctioneers. Appraising is our only business, ensuring you professional objectivity and confidentiality without conflict of interest. We have the experience, staff and resources to give you personalized service and a timely, comprehensive and well-documented report.
Founded more than 25 years ago, Nancy Alison Martin & Associates is recognized as an unsurpassed resource for those in need of personal property appraisal services. The firm is known for professionalism, integrity, grasp of valuation issues and well-substantiated work products.
In accordance with professional ethics, our fees are based upon time and expenses, never on the value of the items appraised. Our documents are prepared according to the federally mandated Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), as well as the IRS requirements for Qualified Appraisals and Qualified Appraisers (see: IRS Notice 2006-96).
Please visit our website at www.nancymartinappraisals.com.
We provide professional appraisals and consulting services for assistance with:
- Insurance coverage: avoid being over- or underinsured
- Cataloging of collections with photographic documentation
- Inventory and condition reports before moving and storage
- Damage and loss claims, including diminution of value
- Emergency inventory after a disaster
- Consultations for acquisitions and divestments
- Estate planning and equitable distribution
- Estate tax and probate (meets IRS and state requirements)
- Charitable contribution (meets IRS requirements)
- Determination of Cost Basis (meets IRS requirements)
- Dissolution of marriage and division of property
- Documentation of fraud
- Appraisal review
- Expert witness and litigation support
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
Our appraisal documents include:
- Confidentiality Statement
- Item identification and description
- Accurate, unbiased, substantiated opinions of value
- Analysis of markets selected with documentation
- Biography and Sources
- USPAP Certification